What is HTML?
The Hypertext Mark-up Language (or HTML) is the language used to create documents for the World Wide Web. As the name implies it is a mark-up language – the original (ASCII) text is edited and new (text) codes are added to indicate how (and where) the text should appear.An HTML document can be produced in free-format, i.e. it doesn’t matter what the text file looks like it is the browser that does the formatting. HTML is not so much concerned about the appearance of the documents but about the structure of a document.
HTML is the standard markup language for creating Web pages.
- HTML full form-Hyper Text Markup Language.
- HTML describes the structure of Web pages using markup.
- HTML elements are the building blocks of HTML pages.
- HTML tags label pieces of content such as “heading”, “paragraph”, “table”, and so on.
- HTML elements are represented by tags.
- Browsers do not display the HTML tags, but use them to render the content of the page.
Example of HTML:-
- <html> element is the root of an HTML page.
- <head> element contains meta information about the document.
- <title> element specify a title for the documents.
- <body> element contains the visible page content.
- <h1> element defines a large heading which size is greater than all heading.
- <p> element define the paragraph.
What is tags?
tags are using in HTML in this format
For any tag in HTML,tag start with <(angle bracket) and put your tag name like p tag and close with (angle bracket)> and then put your matter what you to write here and then close with back slash </p>
In HTML page all tag put under <HTML>…..</HTML> tag which is main tag for HTML
<Title>This is a first title name </title>
this is a body text.
Writing a block of HTML code,any Editor can be used like Notepad,Notepad++,and any other text editor,for showing effects or designing of page that is written by HTML language,any web browser is required like internet explorer,mozilla firefox and other web browser.
HTML editors are useful, especially if you have a large number of documents to write, but they are not essential to the creation of a HTML file – all you need is a simple text editor or a word processing package capable of writing (or saving) ASCII text files. However, as your experience and your Web sites grow you should consider using a Web site editor and management tool such as Microsoft’s FrontPage or Adobe’s Dreamweaver.
An HTML document can be produced in free-format, i.e. it doesn’t matter what the text file looks like it is the browser that does the formatting. HTML is not so much concerned about the appearance of the documents but about the structure of a document.
Plain text documents do not look particularly spectacular and after reading page after page of bland ASCII text, produced in a typewriter-like screen font, they even get boring and not very inspirational.”
One of the best ways to get to know HTML is to save and edit an existing HTML document.